Table Makeover & Some Birthday Snaps

Thank-you all for the lovely birthday wishes. Turning 40 is one of those things that you either embrace or tend not to tell people. I guess to me its just a number and as the saying goes your only as old as you feel. Some days we all feel older but the important thing is “to have a dream”. My dream is to create beautiful furniture.
I have just completed a drop leaf timber table for a client that was looking for a table to have on hand when extra guests arrive for dinner. The drop side table seemed appropriate and functional given that it takes up less space once the sides are folded down.

The trick was getting the top to resemble a Hamptons Style table.

The base of the table was painted in an off white and the top completely sanded and re-stained.

You would never know it was the same table.

Inspiration came from the Riviera Maison website the table is called the Park Avenue Side Table

Some snaps from my weekend birthday.

I came home and my daughter had decorated the house all ready for a family dinner.
This is me and my sister.

Paige and me.

Posted by Picasa

1. Natasha in Oz says

Happy belated birthday wishes, Sandy! I'm so glad to see that you had a great day. I will be turning 40 in November this year so thanks for inspiring me to just embrace it and be happy!

Best wishes,

2. kathie says

That table is fabulous ~ what did you stain it with? I love the look! And especially love the sign about 'it could be worse' :) That is my mantra ~ my kids & I love to come up with ways that a bad situation could be 'worse'… ha!!

3. says

Sweet Sandy, Happy 40th my friend. You look amazing. I love the poster, i will have to use that for mine in October. Where are some pics of your gorgeous man of a husband???? Hope all is well, i see you are getting some great press lately, i wish you all the best for the next 40 years. Simone xx

4. Mariaelena says

Happy Bday!!!….you look fabulous!!…and I LOVE that table…I almost made a similar post today…adding it soon…how sweet of your daughter!!…have a great week, Mariaelena

5. Cindy says

Wow, it doesn't even look like the same table. What a beautiful setting with the charming chairs with rush seats and the big urn with white flowers… it all looks wonderful, you totally know how to display things to maximize the effect…
    And… Happy Birthday!

6. ShantyGirl says

I love what you did with the table! And I would love to find some of those cross back caned chairs……..beautiful. Oh and embrace 40 as the fourties are wonderful! I am 46 and love love love it!

7. Elements says

Love the table…actually very inspirational as I am in need of a little dining table and this is the most perfect idea.
    I love the sign on the wall and have to mention its right….you do not look it……

8. Anonymous says

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!|Hello, I seriously appreciated encountering this weblog. Do you know of alot more ideas for this theme? many thanks

You are most welcome to visit:

9. Anonymous says

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..!

[url=]zimers north[/url]

10. Deborah says

Happy Birthday sweet friend!!
    You look fabulous and full of joy and life!
    The table is fabulous and the party looks like such fun!
    You are so good at everything you do!!!!!
    Birthday hugs!!

Deborah xoxoxoxo

11. Anonymous says

Пока Николя Саркози с упорством, достойным лучшего применения, борется с хиджабами, в соседней Германии разразился настоящий скандал: в прессе появились фотографии обнаженной модели-мусульманки. Даже тем, кто незнаком с тонкостями ислама, понятно, что появление такой фотосессии в журнале Playboy – смелый вызов, который может привести к непредсказуемым последствиям.
    Немецкая актриса Сила Сахин по происхождению турчанка, к тому же из мусульманской семьи. Надо полагать, теперь ее отношения с домочадцами испортились: родители в шоке и гневе после того, как увидели дочь на обложке последнего номера немецкого Playboy. Им бы радоваться за нее, вот только Сила решила не пренебрегать форматом издания и предстала на снимках в чем мать родила. А если вспомнить, как должна выглядеть девушка, по мнению правоверных мусульман, становится очевидным: Сила Сахин всерьез рискует стать изгоем не только в своей семье, но и среди единоверцев.

[url=]смотреть фотосессию полностью здесь >>[/url]

12. Restyled Vintage says

Great pics Sandy, I love the one of you and Paige :) I laughed out loud at the card, so true! (Hope I don't look 40, I am not going to act it, anyway, haha!)

I was given a card for my 39th birthday last year from a dear friend, and I loved it so much I framed it…it says 'Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did…only she did it backwards and in high heels' I LOVE it :)

Have a great day, I have a spinning head but will get there, I have to!

xx Karen

13. claire says

i'm 40 next year! i sometimes thing i'm still 20… i am loving your blog. I wish i could fill my house with your furniture!! I'm off to follow you….:)