We had a show day holiday here last Friday so with the help of my husband we set out and picked up some great pieces. I will be working on these over the next few weeks so be sure to check back in to see their transformations. I must say that out of all the pieces I did pick up this table was one that proved to be a little challenging. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous inlaid pattern on top of this table. It was very badly scratched and I did ponder over what to do with it.
So I painted the base in white of course and then I sanded the top quite heavily. I was worried that the gorgeous pattern might disappear with all the sanding but it was there to stay. So with all the sanding done it looked a whole lot better.
I then applied a walnut stain to the top and once that had dried I slightly white washed it. I am pleased with the overall look as it would have been ashame to have painted over that lovely table top.