French Blue Linen Lamps

These french blue linen lamp shades I made this week as a special order. The customer actually gave me a linen skirt that she picked up at a thrift store. Just goes to show that sometimes you need to think outside the box. Instead of going to her local fabric shop she saw potential in this skirt.

Posted by Picasa

1. Lori Lynn says

Yummy!! You do lovely work! I, too, look for fabrics in the form of cast off garments at Thrift Stores!!
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Lori Lynn ♥

2. Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ says

Wow, that color is stunning, I would love to see this woman's home. Maybe she can send some pictures out with them in it…. now that would be pretty cool. Yes, going to places like that is the way to go and also to get some great trim or even buttons off of tops or whatever. Later in the week I'm going to post a lampshade by thinking out of the box. Sandi, you did a wonderful great job with these. Man they look beautiful!!

Have a Wonderful Evening*

3. Kathy says

Those two beauties turned out just stunning.
    Love the recycled fabric idea.
    Inspiration is everywhere!
    Beautifully done.
    xoxo~KATHY @
    Sweet Up-North Morninga…

4. NanaDiana says

Sandy-Those are just gorgeous. You did a wonderful job on them. I will have to go back a bit through your posts to see if you stitch or glue them on. Whatever you do-it is very professional looking. Kudos-Diana

5. Tina says

Just beautiful as always Sandy! I love the blue linen. I have some stored away…this just reminded me that I have it!! I am sure your client is more than thrilled with her beautiful new lamps:) ~ Tina xx

6. chandelier magic says

WOW you did a great job on the Shades – I love them! I've been taking some time going back and catching up on blogs – you have been busy!

Great stuff – you've inspired me to get to some long awaiting projects today…

7. McCarthy Designs says

You are so clever Sandy, the lampshades are just beautiful. What a clever idea to use an old skirt. I posted about the lamp that I won from your giveaway. I am sorry it took me so long to mention it but I am very pleased with it. Thank you for the lamp and for your lovely comments. xx

8. Noosa Beach House says

Gorgeous. Was it a Trent Nathan skirt by any chance? I have an old linen one in that exact shade of blue – too old to keep wearing but too nice to chuck! I'm looking at it with different eyes now though! Cheers x